From: redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Rodolfo J. Paiz
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 7:07 AM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Looking for Gerry Doris--SMTP AUTH Questions

At 16:37 12/22/2003, you wrote:
>I can relay mail from my network when I have my network IP range in access
>without a password...but not without the IP range in access and with a
>password.  Just to help out...I've copied my sendmail.mc, access,
>local-host-names and relay-domains files here.

Well, darn it all, but I see nothing wrong. Of course, I'm by no means an
expert on this, so I could have missed something. But these lines in your
sendmail.mc...

>define(`confAUTH_OPTIONS', `A')dnl
>TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`LOGIN PLAIN')dnl
>define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `LOGIN PLAIN')dnl

...should properly set up simple AUTH for you. Have you tried AUTH-ing by
hand yet?

Given that the actual steps are reasonably simple, and that you've gone
over this time and time again, it does occur to me that this might not be a
sendmail issue at all. Perhaps a sasl, pam, or other issue is at work.

At the first chance I get, I'll set up a test server and try to duplicate
your configuration. But that might take a couple of days, so I suggest we
keep troubleshooting in the meantime.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx