Re: Raid help (Paypal reward)

On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 03:02:19PM -0500, Chris Tunnell wrote:
> I have a fileserver with two harddrives running in RAID 1 (Mirror).
> They are formatted with ext2 filesystems. Each disk is 120GB and IDE.
> There is a persistent super-block and the chunk-size is 4.  There were
> some major problems with the fileserver, so now I am moving only one of
> the disks to another machine and need to recover data off of it.  How do
> I mount one of the disks that used to be in the array on a foriegn
> machine so that I can retrieve the data?

I'm assuming that these are software raid, correct?  I haven't played
with this stuff in quite a while, but since you're desperate, you may be
willing to experiment.   For starters, what happens if you just try to
move the drive over and mount it up?  Does it even mount?  Don't try to
boot off it yet - just mount it as a data disk for now.  Worst case, boot
off a recovery CD and then mount the hard drive that way if you don't
have another bootable Linux system that you can put this drive in.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx