Re: help with iptables

On December 19, 2003 06:08 pm, Ricardo Mostalac wrote:
> Hello folks, I'm change my system from redhat 7.3 to
> 9, and I have a little problems. This machine is the
> server to establish a conection to internet and all
> other machines have acces to internet through redhat
> 9.
>
> All other computers have "windows me" installed and
> the users cannot view the images from a cameras from
> others computers with the microsoft messenger. I
> really don't know how can i resolve this problem, I
> hope somone in the list can help me...
>
> =====
> Saludos desde México
>
> RAML

Hi Ricardo,
It sounds like a firewall is blocking whatever protocol those services use.
Was the RH7.3 install also acting in the same role, as a firewall/gateway?

> the users cannot view the images from a cameras from
> others computers with the microsoft messenger.
Do you mean they used to be able to get those services from the Internet via
the rh 7.3 box and now they can not?

Have you changed the firewall rules at all (did you migrate the old ones or
try to reproduce them)?
Are both (old 7.3 & new 9) using ipchains or iptables?

---
Pete Nesbitt, rhce