From: Eric Vernichon [mailto:eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 2:49 AM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: URGENT: HELP WITH SETTING UP PHP & MYSQL

Selon Dali Islam <ibmdali@xxxxxxxxx>:

> I am very green on Linux, I have access database for
> doing data entry work. I want to stop using Microsoft
> product and that's why I decided to move to php and
> Mysql.
>
> I install the red hat 9.0 OS on my system. Then I run
> a query to see if the PHP and mysql rpm is install via
> rpm -q and found out that php4 and mysql is installed.
> Then I edit the httpd.conf file and start the httpd
> service along with mysql.
>
> This is what I add in the httpd.conf file:
>
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
> AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
> AddType application/x-httpd-php4 .php4
>
> It is not working. What else need to change to make
> the PHP work?
>
> Any help is apprecitae!
>
> Thanks
> Dali

    Hello ,

http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.apache2.php

Edit your httpd.conf to load the PHP module.  The path on the right hand
    side of the LoadModule statement must point to the path of the PHP
    module on your system.  The make install from above may have already
    added this for you, but be sure to check.

    For PHP 4:

      LoadModule php4_module libexec/libphp4.so

    For PHP 5:

      LoadModule php5_module libexec/libphp5.so

--
Eric Vernichon
président de linux-tarn