RE: Security Issues....

I get this feeling that you haven't got the grasp at what you need. Your are
not sure what you have to build and so you don't know what to ask.

Given the discution so far I think that you are trying to do this: you are
building a trojan horse, fill it with gun powder and then bring it to your
castle.

I'd try to see this from another point of view:
1. As long as i need developer permissions on the box that might include root
permissions your box WILL be compromised by accident, stupidity, bad
intentions or good intentions. So anything that you do, don't do that.

2.Why do those developers need access to your computer to write code? The
code can be written on their machines. But if you really need to let them
compile it on your box (are you building by any chance router O.S.'s or what
??? :) ) then I think you should let the system open to them (of course this
doesn't mean that you should make their jobs any easier) and verify it
regularly for problems. Tripwire it, use snort for intrusion detection but on
the other way, not (just) for what gets in but (especially) for what gets
out, check regularly for new open ports. If you will have this kind of
activity then you should have a good connection to the net. Don't let others
take advantage of it and make harm to others by using your computer.
don't use any servers on it except for ssh and so on. Make a sparkling brand
new install and make a backup copy. And when you just get that feeling
reinstall from ghost. If their coding is important to you or to some third
party then you should make a mirror of the code on another secured machine.

3. Just as I was rereading my letter I thought of something else. Why not put
down your connection to the outside while compiling? Before restoring make
full check? A very interesting thing might be telling us if there is common
purpose on that coding or is something else?

I'll think of it a little more, it's a nice problem you have there...

bye

P.S. nice problem by the way...