help building a srpm please

Hi,

I need help in the last step of building sendmail from a SRPM please...
I'm not understading the rpmbuild man page or something and while
I am very close, I can't figure out this last bit.

My mail server has gone a bit funny and is putting
thousands of lines about TLS errors in my log files.. very
rapidly and while I've got quite a lot of log space, it isn't
unlimited...  so I found the answer to the problem, I need to
add

-D_FFR_DEAL_WITH_ERROR_SSL

into redhat.config.m4... So this is what I have done:

installed the source rpm for sendmail.

incremented the release in the spec file

then

rpmbuild -bp sendmail.spec

then added the line

then

rpmbuild -bc --shor-circuit sendmail.spec

and this indeed compiled sendmail with the -D_FFR_DEAL_WITH_ERROR_SSL
as I saw it defined during the compile...

now is where I start running into problems. The rpmbuild man page
says that --shor-circuit only works with -bc and -bi so I did
a rpmbuild -bi sendmail.spec this is supposed to be like make install
according to the man page... however, it does not install... and there
is no sendmail.rpm, which I wouldn't expect.. but how do I build the
rpm from what I have done at this stage without it rebuilding the whole
thing and removing the changes I have made up to this point???? if
--short-circuit only works on -bc and -bi??? I'm a bit desperate to
get this done now and I would like a nice rpm that I can install and
update the rpm database and therefore upgrade from in the future, but
I'm out of ideas right now... guess I'll have a go at using short-circuit with later build stages and see what happens anyway, nothing to lose at this stage, but it says it won't work as I read it
anyway and I'm not sure how to get over this stage.

Thanks
Bill

-- gnupgp key: http://stinkfoot.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x4C90F481