newgrp unsetting enviroment variable

I am using RH and Solaris OS. On both systems I need to use newgrp.

On Solaris, this changes group id, but leaves the rest of enviromental variables unchanged.

On RH, this change group id, but unsets LD_LIBRARY_PATH env variable.

Can anyone shed some light on this behavior ? I had expected the command
on the Linux box to operate as per the Solaris box.

Thanks,

-Bob Flynn

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: communications@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank You.