Re: Please recommend an ISP

Thanks Pete.
But my system does not have kdial.
I do not why.

Jack

Jack,
What kind of error or failure do you get? As I recall
it has a modem tab that
you can try and get stats back from modem. Does that
see it?

If you can not see the modem with kdial, go to a
command prompt and try
setserial for the serial port (I presume the modem is
serial)
for com1 use:
setserial /dev/ttyS0
it should return something like:
/dev/ttyS0, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 4

Anyway, you need to tell us what is failing and what
errors you get. You may
need a to make a script (in kdial) for AOL but I don't
know.
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce