Re: Finding xforms library & kernel headers

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 01:56 pm, Earl Eiland wrote:
> I'm installing lyx on RH9, and configure can't find either of the
> above.  How do I locate them?

Hi,
I use lyx but never install it on RH 9. But the newer version of Lyx can use
QT as the front-end. Try to use that instead and disable the Xform version,
that might solve your problem. Plus, QT is nicer that Xform anyway, IMO :).
Xform is kinda old, isn't it? I remember I had to either find an RPM version
that work on my RH 7.3 or compile xform my self (it was not the most straight
forward thing) to make it lyx to work before, but since It could use QT, I
forgot about the whole xform thing.
If you insist on using xform, then you may have to compile them yourself.

Also, you may wanna check the lyx mailing list to see what people do to
install it to RH 9.

Hope that helps.

RDB

--