Re: Euro symbol

Kent,

I believe that xmodmap may have some nasty interactions with xkb. Try modifying the /etc/X11/XF86Config file to include (assuming that you have the same keyboard as me)

    Option  "XkbModel" "pc105"
    Option  "XkbLayout" "en_US"
    Option  "XkbOptions" "compose:menu"

The critical settings are en_US and compose:menu. The en_US triggers the inclusion of the ISO9995-3 compose set. You can do this and restart X.

Note that although I can get this compose functionality in gnome-terminal and gedit, I cannot get any comprise functionality in Java apps or KDE apps like Konsole.

Let me know how you go.

Peter