Re: mail question.. imap servers and folders..

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 02:50:41PM +0000, Kelerion wrote:
> Ken, thanks for the response..
>
> I had a look at fetchmail and yes it does exactly what you say :)
>
> however.. I was looking for something that would then get those messages
> that have been downloaded from the isp and then put them in imap folders
> according to message rules (the same as Thunderbird does it)

Use procmail.  You can apply as many or as few rules as you want.
Fetchamil gets the mail and delivers it to procmail, which in turn then
files the messages into appropriate folders, deletes the spam, does
anti-virus checking, whatever.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx