mail question.. imap servers and folders..

hey all.. some advice please

I read and followed an excellent walkthrough of installing qmail/horde/courier etc at:

http://manage.z.halogen.kharkov.ua/customers/topacio/SmartSiteINSTALL/qmail

I am forever re-formatting an re-installing my main machine and losing all my mail. so I figured I'd install an imap server so the mail stayed safe there..

The current setup I have now then is Firebird on my main machine.. with a imap connection to the new mail server.. and another imap connection to my isp... with message rules putting all my mail from the imap server at the isp to the folders on the new imap server

what I want.. but have no idea how of even *if* it can be done. .is to setup the new imap server to fetch the mail automatically from my isp and put it into the folders on my new imap server..

can someone give me any advice on how this is done or maybe some howto?

TIA

Kel