Re: mail question.. imap servers and folders..

Ken, thanks for the response..

I had a look at fetchmail and yes it does exactly what you say :)

however.. I was looking for something that would then get those messages that have been downloaded from the isp and then put them in imap folders according to message rules (the same as Thunderbird does it)

It works well at the moment with me downloading all my mail from my isp into Thunderbird and then Thunderbird applying it's rules and putting the mail in folders on my imap server..

I was just looking for a way of automating this so it would happen without me needing my mail client open to do the work..

Hope that makes sense :)

Cheers

Kel

Ken Gillett wrote:

I'm sure others will also suggest you use Fetchmail. This will collect from your ISP's server and pass it to your local mail server, which HAS to be running SMTP.

This is precisely what I have running. The mail server regularly collects all the mail from my ISPs POP server (could be IMAP) and then everyone uses IMAP to the local mail (POP, IMAP and SMTP) server. So all mail is maintained on the server, just as you want. It works.