From: Edward Dekkers [mailto:edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 11:34 PM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: sendmail run on localhost instead of eth0( Urgent )

Win Toe wrote:

> Dear All,
> 	I am running sendmail version 8.12.8-14 with RH.9
> 	DNS is working for both forward and reverse lookup. DNS is OK. No
problem.
> 	I can receive mail from server
> 	But i cannot send mail to server.
>
> 	So I telnet to server at port 25. Then connection refused.
> 	I try to telnet to localhost on server at port 25. Sendmail is
running at
> port 25 of localhost. But i want to run sendmail on eth0 ( 192.168.11.12
).
> If sendmail is running on eth0, i suppose i can send mail to server.
>
> 	My quiestions is, how i have to do to run sendmail on eth0
interface.....?
> 	I have no time to read the book.

hhmm. Fair enough, but a search of the mail archives would certainly
find you the answer. This literally gets asked at least twice a month.

> 	I urgently need helps !!

No need to shout.

> Thanks in advance !!!

I'll give you the clue this time, but please make an effort next time.

You need to set the interface in your sendmail.mc file.

Regards,
Ed.

This document and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. This communication may contain material protected by the
attorney-client privilege or other privileges or protections from
discovery, such as the physician-patient privilege, or a peer review
privilege, such as California Evidence Code Section 1157. If you are not
the intended recipient or the individual responsible for delivering the
document to the intended recipient, please be advised that you have
received this document in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this document is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this document in error, please notify the sender
immediately, and destroy all copies of the document.