Re: Mail error: reason: 550 5.0.0 You must use a valid mail server

> > I do not have that problem, but ...  What do you
> mean by "smart host?" Are you
> > saying to use one's isp for outbound smtp?
> Yes.

As originator of this thread, a slight clarification.

You will in effect use your ISP's SMTP for outbound
SMTP, but the SMART_HOST part is adding an element to
your sendmail config that tells your local SMTP to
relay to your ISP's SMTP for delivery.  This, as
opposed to reconfiguring your clients to point to your
ISP.

Not only is this more elegant, but should you change
your ISP you only have one thing to change.  Also this
is superior to the proposed solution of over-riding
for RedHat.com specifically as it will solve the
problem for any similarly configured recipient site.

This seems to have solved my problem.  (Now if I could
only back out all the other stupid things I did trying
to fix it.)

Follow the thread for details.
=Paul=