From: redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Pete Nesbitt
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 6:22 PM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Printing Landscape in Linux.

On November 10, 2003 01:55 pm, dlangschied wrote:
> Does anyone know what print command I can use to get landscape in Linux?
> Or ... what the landscape control codes are for HP DeskJet 600 (No I don't
> have the manual)?  I find that I can do very little with lp that I used to
> do in HP-UX.
>
> I need an alternative to:  lp -dprinter -onb -ol -oc
>
> Many thanks for help past, persent, and future.

Hi,
if your working with ascii (test) files you can send it thru a2ps.
"a2ps -r filename" will send it in landscape mode to the default printer.
The other handy utility is fold.
"fold -s some_file | a2ps -r " will do line returns in whitespace and then
sends it in landscape as postscript to default printer. This still send thru
lp, but the utility calls it.

--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce