From: redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Rodolfo J. Paiz
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 8:39 AM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: sendmail configuration

At 09:55 11/5/2003, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I want to configure a mail server for my lan users, i am new with
sendmail
>and cant find proper documentation. I got the famous BAT book but i
think
>it will take me a year or maybe more if i start reading it. Please tell
me
>where i can find some good documentation.

On the run right now, but look at:

http://www.simpaticus.com/linux/sendmail-smtp-auth-howto.html

It will show you how to accept outside (network) connections to your
sendmail, so you can send, receive, and relay with it (making it a
useful
Internet server), while at the same time activating SMTP AUTH to prevent

spammers from abusing your system.

It is not yet a complete "10-Minute Mail Server HOWTO" but it is getting

there. Post again to the list if there is anything in there you don't
understand or can't do.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx