Re: Promise Ultra 133 TX2 Driver

On Saturday 08 November 2003 05:30 am, Srini Amble wrote:

> Do you mind sharing with us how you got the Promise TX2000 RAID
> controller to work on your linux box? I tried to get the Promise RAID
> controller (FastTrack100 TX2) to work with Red Hat 7.3. After trying
> very hard to get it to work for almost a week I gave up.

I don't know if my experience will help you or not, but if it will
please ask any questions...

We purchased a 1-U system that came with an Intel motherboard and the
Intel motherboard and an onboard Fastrak controller.

We enabled the controller in the system bios and installed RHL7.3 using
the linux driver and instructions that came on the CD with the system.

It worked.

We decided to not use it because we couldn't find any information on how
we'd be notified if a drive failed; we went back to software RAID.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation