Re: Promise Ultra 133 TX2 Driver

Earl Eiland wrote:

I had a similar problem with another promise card (TX2000).  Hours on
the phone with Promises tech support finally pinpointed the problem to
my Maxtor drives.  All was fine after I ran a low level format on the
drives.
Earl

Do you mind sharing with us how you got the Promise TX2000 RAID controller to work on your linux box? I tried to get the Promise RAID controller (FastTrack100 TX2) to work with Red Hat 7.3. After trying very hard to get it to work for almost a week I gave up. I interacted with Promise Technical support and also Red Hat technical support. I switched over to HPT RocketRAID133. If you post your detailed procedure it may have some clues that can help folks like me.

Thanks for your understanding

Srini