Re: it's so disappointing

At 08:43 11/6/2003, you wrote:
I had stock in RH. I believed in them. They didn't believe in me. They
are saying "your patronage is just too insignificant compared to
Widgets Inc." They may be right, but it doesn't make me as a
customer feel any better then "hey, chump, go run Windows. You're
better off right now anyway."  That's what RH is telling us,
we're just not worth they're effort.

I disagree. If you have bought Red Hat in the past, and in the past they have served you well, then great. Today, however, Red Hat has found that AT THIS TIME they believe that they cannot make a profit--or a sufficiently small loss--on your market segment, and they need to quit serving it. You, the individual YOU, may be a good and profitable customer for Red Hat, but if there are too few of "you" Red Hat will lose lots of money serving you.

Since a business must by nature try to stay alive and make profits, Red Hat has just informed you that they will no longer be able to serve you. Perhaps in the future, but not today. Yes, that's bad news, but it's not ill will or disdain... it's simply an honest business decision about their market, and their company.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx