Re: Follow-up - RH9 - Sound, ethernet, and video are not detected on new MSI motherboard?

I'm dual-booting with this MSI 875P Neo-FIS2R motherboard and booted into Win2K Professional.  It shows the NIC as a:

"Intel(R)/PRO/1000 CT Network Connection" PCI bus 2, device 1, function 0

Network stuff works fine under Win2K Professional.  I checked our /var/log/messages after booting Red Hat 9, and I don't see anything in there about a NIC at all!  Just something about localhost.  Indeed, ifconfig doesn't show me anything but localhost.

I ran "Kudzu" from the command line after trying to troubleshoot this post spending time on Google, but running Kudzu makes the machine "flip out" .. it opens what looks like will be an infinte number of terminal windows before I turn power off.

Thanks for the help!

Mark

> From: "Mark G. Spencer" <mspencer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> Cc: frankl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Tue, Nov-4-2003 9:55 AM
> Subject: Follow-up - RH9 - Sound, ethernet, and video are not detected on new MSI motherboard?
>
> Hello all,
>
> I tried Ed's suggestion re: running "modprobe e1000", and it showed "no such device" .. now I'm really stuck.
>
> I don't know why Red Hat 9 is not recognizing the "Onboard Intel Gigabit LAN" on my MSI 875P Neo-FIS2R motherboard.  Any other ideas on how I can troubleshoot this?
>
> Also, how can I get the ATI Radeon 9200 working under Red Hat 9?  This was also not properly detected.  Once I get the NIC working, will an up2date solve the ATI issue?

<snip>