Re: What Scripts are Supported on existing Apache Server

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 19:42, Joel Tyson wrote:
> Greetings,
>

> I recently inherited the responsibility of administering our Web
> Server which runs on RH 7.3 running Apache/1.3.27.

1.3.27 is buggy. Please consider upgrading it.

> I need to find out what scripts are supported by my server?

You can find out which modules are compiled in via:
`which httpd` -l
one of my apaches answers:
/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_deflate.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_mime_magic.c
  mod_headers.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  mod_proxy.c
  proxy_connect.c
  proxy_ftp.c
  proxy_http.c
  mod_ssl.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_rewrite.c
  mod_so.c

Then have a look in the httpd.conf and read it. Normally it is well
documented, so you will find what you want to know.

> I specifically need to know if it supports server side includes SSI
> and if it supports JSPʼs.

JSPs are not supported out of the box. But if the former admin has
activated it, you will find it in httpd.conf too.

>   Also, I need to find out what formmail CGI code my server uses.  Any
> help will be appreciated.

Please do not use formmail if its not a very well patched one.
You will find a patched one here:
http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/scripts.shtml -> go to compat.

HTH
Volker