Re: looking for comments/reactions to the fedora project

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 22:41, Steve Strong wrote:
> I am the system admin in a high school in iowa. I've set up a nice
> little LAN using two Redhat Linux 9.0 servers.  I've been reading the
> Redhat site as well as a couple of third party sites regarding Redhat's
> decision to focus on enterprise support and development and to work with
> the Fedora Project for "bleeding edge" development.  I'm wondering if
> you all have been talking about this, and if so, what your opinions are
> concerning the matter.

Just my imperfect 2 cents. With respect to other distributions, nothing
seems to have the support structure or (in this case) presumptive
support structure of Redhat or Fedora.

My only concern at this point is the NPTL kernel which seems to be brute
forced into compilation. My intentions are to convert to the Fedora
release with the KORG 2.4.22 kernel, eventually migrating to 2.6 until
the NPTL kernel du jour can be cleanly compiled.