Re: Apache Virtual Host

On Wednesday, Oct 29, 2003, at 10:09 US/Eastern, Craig Daters wrote:
Initially on my RHL machine, Apache was configured to run as 'user apache'
and 'group apache'. I set up virtual host containers for 'westpress',
'jsdzyn' and 'teamtrailer'. I then restarted apache, and upon pointing my
browser to www.westpress.com, or www.jsdzyn.com etc...get error messages.
Now I understand why this is happening--the whole user and group permissions
thing.

Craig, I may be misunderstanding your message, but I only see you looking for the source of the errors in the Apache configuration. Is the mode of the files in the document trees themselves set correctly (that is, probably at least 644)?

pjm