Re: searching Linux Anti-Spy/Ads

Hi Hal !

> I am not aware of either spyware being a problem on Linux, nor tools
> to look for it either. I just don't think its a problem. You could
> always use traditional tools like tcpdump, lsof, etc if you think you
> have such a thing.

here is my problematics concerning Linux. i don't know too much on _how_ Linux
behaves for cleaning - if necessary - the HD. when i used to work on M$, it
seemed to me obvious that spys get into the system very easily, even when
restrictions were set in the browser and the firewall was enabled ... so, a
lot of small utilities tools were needed to make all this wipe out.

i should more study this safety point.

> Privoxy does a good job with ads, and popups. It also has a nice
> filtering mechanism for just mangling http stuff to ones own ends.

i tested privoxy this morning ... it seems nice when i am web-browing ...
really, it does a good job when online !

thanks !

Marc