Re: RealAudio Installation Woes???

On Tuesday 28 October 2003 10:06 am, User Mniceguy wrote:
>  --Please excuse the cross-posting; I'm desperate for assistance---
> I'm still struggggling mightily to get RealPlayer to work.

Basically, here is what you need to do:

1. Run a text editor: eg: 'kedit', 'kate', or anything. There should be a
'Text Editor' in your menu.
2. Copy the following text in the editor, and save the file as 'runreal' (no
quote of course). You can save it as anything you like, but I'm gonna assume
you save it as 'runreal' in your home directory.

#!/bin/bash
if [ "$1" = "" ]; then
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 realplay
else
{
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 realplay $1
}
fi;

3. Now, open a terminal/console from the menu, go to the directory where you
save runreal. If you save it in your home directory (ie /home/your_username)
then you should already be there when you open a terminal.

4. Type the following in terminal: "chmod 775 runreal" (withouth the doble
quotes).

5. Then type the following in terminal to run realplayer: "./runreal" (without
the doble quotes).
You should be able to run realplayer then.

See if that works first, and let us know what you don't understand.

RDB

<snip>

--
Reuben D. Budiardja