Re: Mail Server

Forward to my earlier post on this matter :

I finally succeeded in setting up my mail server with Sendmail. Now here's what's strange :

I can send mail to anyone@xxxxxxxxxxxx, I can see the received mail if I log on locally.
I haven't been able to collect mail from my Windoze's Outlook, however a friend fetched his mail through the net with Netscape.
This friend could not send any mail using hisuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My setup is the Linux server, on LAN with the Windoze machine, behind a Netgear RT314 router. Both machines have Static IPs.
My DNS setup has been correctly done since mail.mydomain.com pings to the correct IP address.

Ports 25 and 110 are open on the router and forwarded correctly.

I seem to be missing just a few steps before having a complete mail server setup.

Any pointers, or suggestions on what might solve my "mysteries" ?

Thanks