sb audigy firewire chip support?

Hi,

just a quick one before I waste loads of time trying to get it
working...

Does Redhat 9 support the SB Audigy's firewire chip? as a network interface?

I'm looking at getting firewire running so I can back my laptop
up onto my server in the fastest method possible so I need it to
support IP.

I've got a spare audigy around, though i'm loathe to put it in
my server as it's caused untold troubles on other systems, but
if it would give me firewire free, that's a good price and I'll
risk it....

If that doesn't work, can anyone recommend a firewire type card
that does work with linux and provides an IP interface?

Thanks

Bill

--
gnupgp key: