RE: Mail server

At 11:37 10/24/2003, you wrote:
www.qmail.org  Qmail is a replacement for the very hard to learn and
maintain Sendmail.

Sigh... you're entitled to your viewpoint, of course, but I can't help being amazed that anyone can call sendmail "hard to learn" and advocate qmail (i.e. implying that qmail is easy to learn). Easy to set up blind thanks to a good document, maybe, but easy to _learn_? I beg to differ. On a separate point, note that Red Hat is unable to distribute qmail due to DJB's licensing terms... I doubt you will ever see Red Hat directly support qmail.

If sendmail is not desired for any reason, postfix seems to be a much more viable alternative. Worlds, oh truly light-years easier to configure than sendmail for a beginner; an excellent security record; and official support, updates, patches, integration, etc. by Red Hat.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx