Not getting Graphical Display, only Text??

Just installed RHEL 2.1 on a Dell Dimension with 512mb of ram.
Not sure how much video memory there is but during the install
it defaulted to 16bit color and 800x600 resolution.
I installed KDE, and Gnome and checked the graphical display
check box. I have a Dell 2000 FP flat panel 20" monitor which works ok
in Graphical Mode on my Sun Dual Xeon RHEL 2.1 machine.

My login prompt is in text mode not Gnome. Do I not have enough
resources memory or otherwise to load graphical mode?
Is there a file I can check to make sure it's set to boot in graphical mode?

Thanks much.
David Martini
LLNL