Re: Mail server

Hello,
Setting up the server is very easy.
Having redhat, you have the sendmail and these days, postfix on the cd,
with sendmail most likely already installed.
You need to make sure which machines are pointed to in your dns entries
at your isp for your mail exchangers.
You need to have your isp add a dns record with the name:
mail.mydomain.com that points to the correct ip address, and may be
another MX
record.
You need to edit /etc/mail/sendmail.mc to enable listening on a public ip
address and setup relaying or denying of relaying to prevent missuse of
your mailserver.
There is a make command you need to run after editing the
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc file.
A comment with the syntax is in the file.
You can read about sendmail on the sendmail home page.
There is a lot of information that you do not need to understand just to
get the thing going.
regards, Willem