Re: Application Problems (Permissions?)

Donald Tyler wrote:

When I first installed RedHat, I didn’t choose to install Mozilla. Later, while I was logged in under my personal account (Not root) I installed Mozilla, which obviously asked me for root password.

It seemed to install fine. However, I am unable to run Mozilla under my personal account. It will only allow me to run it when I am root.

You might have a file in your home directory, or something else could be wrong. Try "strace mozilla>/tmp/strace" until you get the error, and then "grep open /tmp/strace| tail -5" to find the last five files that Mozilla tried to open. The problem is likely to be the permissions on one of these files. Failing that, start readint at the bottom of the file.

I did a chmod –R 755 on the Mozilla directory but it didn’t help.

You may want to reinstall from a clean RPM or tar, just to get back to standard permissions. I would on any systems that wasn't my personal desktop--I might not bother there.

Alan