Problems with NFS directory exports off of RH9 systems

I am working in a mixed environment with Linux, Solaris, MacOSX, and Windows
systems and have been quite frustrated in trying to get directories exported
properly under NFS from the Linux system to the others. The Linux system
appears to export the directories properly, but I get a long delay and an
eventual timeout when I try to mount Linux-exported dirs from either the
Solaris host or the OSX host.

Is there some trick to this that I am missing?  Are there some tools I
can use to track down what might be wrong?

I am using RedHat V9, Solaris V9, and MacOSX 10.2 (and never mind what
Windows I am using :-)

thanks,