Incorporating a Red Hat AS machine onto an NIS+ domain

I have a Red Hat AS 2.1 machine along with a separate
solaris NIS+ server.
I  was told by Red Hat that Linux won't read the NIS+ maps.

I ran the authconfig utility to set this Linux machine up as
an NIS+ client. It created the yp.conf file which has the host name
of my NIS+ server in it. I modified /etc/nsswitch.conf to so that
nisplus is 3rd. in the hosts list.

When the machine boots up it shows the NIS + info ok.

Binding to the NIS domain:                                 [  OK  ]
Listening for an NIS domain server 			[OK]	.

chkconfig shows ypbind is on.
I can do a
# ypcat passwd
or a ypcat on any of my NIS+ tables and it lists them out.
I can log into this Linux box as any NIS+ users and it logs them
in ok (so it's reading the login info from the NIS+ server)
and it mounts their home directory which resides on another Solaris
machine so it's reading the auto_home table from the NIS+ server ok.

So everything seems to be working ok as far as incorporating  this machine
into  my NIS+ domain even though Red Hat said that it would not read
the NIS maps and that I would have to add entries to the /etc/fstab file
or auto_home on the Linux box if I wanted it to work. I'm just wondering
if it's to good to be true that it's working.

Has anyone else successfully incorporated a Red Hat machine into
an NIS+ domain?