Re: SendMail GUI

At 11:18 10/16/2003, you wrote:
The general argument I've heard and happen to agree with is that if you
are already a sendmail expert or have access to one, continue with
sendmail.  However, if you're just starting out, go with Postfix.

I've heard this argument many times but cannot yet provide an informed opinion on it (as opposed to my experience with qmail, which was decidedly negative). However, feedback from friends and other reliable sources does suggest that postfix is easy to configure, easy to use, and fairly secure; so postfix is on my list of "things to learn soon".

Neither one is 100% secure - develop a plan to keep your preferred MTA
current, whether it's setting up2date or something else.

Nothing on Earth (certainly no software product) can ever be counted on to be 100% secure. Take Ed's advice, and make sure that all your software is adequately kept patched and up-to-date. In this case, although there are ways you can do so for free, I suggest that if you're getting good use out of the box (especially if you are using it for business), that you reward Red Hat for their effort and services by choosing a paid subscription to up2date for $60/year.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx