Re: sending mail with attachment via commandline?

Mail will only send text files, you have to use something like uuencode to
convert it first, then do something like:

    mail you@xxxxxxxxxxxxx < yourfile.uuencoded.file

On 10/16/03 11:42 AM, "Chris W. Parker" <cparker@xxxxxxxxxxxx> spoke thusly:

> Hey everyone.
>
> I've got a shell script that does a simple backup of a directory on a
> nightly basis and since I don't have samba configured I'd like to send
> that backup file to my email address.
>
> I've 'man mail' but didn't see anything about adding attachments? Did I
> miss it or do I need to use a different command? I'm only familiar with
> 'mail' and being a command that can send mail from the command line.
>

> Thanks,
> Chris.
>
> --
> Don't like reformatting your Outlook replies? Now there's relief!
> http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/

Craig D.

--

Craig Daters (craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)