Re: SendMail GUI

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 12:06:24PM -0500, Donald Tyler wrote:
> My system is Red Hat Linux 9.
>
> I am willing to try anything. The most important this is security, and
> then speed/ease of configuration. I need to get this server up and build
> our clients website before the end of the month. Fun fun.

The general argument I've heard and happen to agree with is that if you
are already a sendmail expert or have access to one, continue with
sendmail.  However, if you're just starting out, go with Postfix.  I've
worked with both but am currently in production with sendmail both at
work and at home. I switched to Postfix for a while when setting up a
test server, and I much prefer the configuration ease in Postfix.  I
went back to sendmail simply because I know it better and because I
manage sendmail servers at work.

Neither one is 100% secure - develop a plan to keep your preferred MTA
current, whether it's setting up2date or something else.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx