help with quotas!!!

Hello friends!
I'm trying quotas on my /home partition.
These are the steps i've followed that finished with an error: cannot
find the quota files on /dev/hdb6 (the partition where is /home).
Steps:
1. modified /etc/fstab as follow
/LABEL=/home	/home	ext3	defaults,usrquota,grpquota	1 2
I reboot the system and i receive  a message of failed for the quota
system.
2.the following step would be to create as table of usage disk per
filesystem with the quotacheck  command. just execute quotacheck.
I just followed the steps of RedHat customization guide, but failed.
Could anyone give me a hand? May be another step i should do between and
not commented in this guide?

Thank you all