GRUB question

Grub is not a favorite of mine, I prefer lilo, so I am hoping someone out there can help w/ the following.

I initially installed lilo, and was having boot problems, so I editted /grub/grub.conf. This particular system
has and ide, and scsi disk, scsi being the disk w/ the OS, and ide disk w/ data. I believe the system was
confusing the disks, thinking hda was my primary and bootable device, wrong. Reason why I went to grub.

However, I can boot the system now, but when I boot I get the grub> (prompt), and I have to type

grub> configfile /grub/grub.conf

What do I need to run so I do not have to do this everytime I boot the system.

I know lilo I run lilo -v -v. help !!!!!

--
Susan M. Champigny
MIT Lincoln Laboratory