Re: List of "user-level" root commands?

%% Bret Hughes <bhughes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

  bh> I don't have an answer and in the absence of any additional
  bh> information, why don't you post the sort of things that you think
  bh> theses guys will need to do and see if the list can come up with a
  bh> way to restrict privs to those tasks.

Oh, I can figure out what I need to do, that's not the problem.  I've
been using UNIX in various forms for 19 years (ouch!! :)).

I was just hoping someone had a list we could start with, but I guess
we'll roll our own.

  bh> I would start with making the user member of the groups that run
  bh> the services that they are going to be dinking with.  then perhaps
  bh> a list of config files that they can edit.  This is not a trivial
  bh> exercise.

It's especially not trivial because of the 16 group limit: we already
have a lot of users who are creeping up on that limit just for work
purposes: adding a lot of extra groups for sysadmin purposes isn't going
to make matters any better :-/.