Re: List of "user-level" root commands?

Howdy,

Am Don, den 09.10.2003 schrieb Paul Smith um 16:30:

> Obviously this now pushes the battle down into the trenches of exactly
> what commands constitute this set, with the tug-of-war between the
> developers' need to manage their desktop, the security team's need to
> keep things secure, and IS's need to keep a maintainable environment.

In a smiliar environment and if the developers really need
administrative privileges we always drag them down to be careful what
they do, leave them the boxed cd-set or a carbon-copy and tell them that
they have to setup their system for themselves if they broke it down.
They have to take care for their backup and so forth.
If they want to be root - they are responsible.

If they call us, IS, we just trigger an autoinstall-feature like
"autoyast" from SuSE and do not care about anything else.

This works very fine and well.

kind regards

Martin

--