RE: Mail is not working (any way to send message when daemon is d own)

Title: RE: Mail is not working (any way to send message when daemon is down)

Actually,

You are wrong.. You can send mail w/o the sendmail daemon running. Your mail client calls sendmail to deliver the mail, it doesn't need to connect to a daemon..

You run the daemon to accept incoming mail. ie. Keep the smtp port open to accept mail.

Depending on the client ofcourse..

Mutt for instance isn't a mta, its just a client that calls sendmail
Pine has its own mta in it.

As for smtp, there are a number of light smtp programs out there, just search for them.

-Mark