Re: Redhat 8.0 and Postfix 2.X

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Brett Franck wrote:

> All,
>
> Sorry if this is not the right list for this question, if it is, please re-direct me to the right list.....
>
> I have been using Postfix 1.1 for over a year, but wanted some of the functionality of Postfix 2.0, after using RPM install, I found that Postfix 2.0 doesn't support SASL auth....needed because AOL stopped taking mail from Dynamic IP users, and I had to setup mail relaying to an SMTP host (SBC) for my outbound mail.....well, I broke that while upgrading to Postfix 2.0.  Since I installed from RPM, how do I make it use SASL?
>
> warning: smtp_sasl_auth_enable is true, but SASL support is not compiled in

Brett, if no one has responded yet, I'd offer the following advice.  Check
out the references at www.postfix.org. There are links to both source and
pre-compiled rpm's for the newer version of postfix.  Also, if you're
willing to dig and get your hands dirty, I'd also recommend taking a look
at the rawhide tree and try to compile the src rpm found there.  This may
take some effort though.

One last item is the postfix mail list found at www.postfix.org.  I've
seen this issue come up serveral time and as such I'd urge you to search
the mail list archives.  The postfix users list is high volume, even more
so than the redhat-users list.  So be forewarned if you want to subscribe.