Re: Redhat 8.0 and Postfix 2.X

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Morse" <kgmorse@xxxxxxxx>
To: <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 3:08 PM
Subject: Re: Redhat 8.0 and Postfix 2.X

> On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Brett Franck wrote:
>
> > All,
> >
> > Sorry if this is not the right list for this question, if it is, please
re-direct me to the right list.....

> > I have been using Postfix 1.1 for over a year, but wanted some of the
functionality of Postfix 2.0, after using RPM install, I found that Postfix
2.0 doesn't support SASL auth....needed because AOL stopped taking mail from
Dynamic IP users, and I had to setup mail relaying to an SMTP host (SBC) for
my outbound mail.....well, I broke that while upgrading to Postfix 2.0.
Since I installed from RPM, how do I make it use SASL?

> > warning: smtp_sasl_auth_enable is true, but SASL support is not compiled
in

> Brett, if no one has responded yet, I'd offer the following advice.  Check
> out the references at www.postfix.org. There are links to both source and
> pre-compiled rpm's for the newer version of postfix.  Also, if you're
> willing to dig and get your hands dirty, I'd also recommend taking a look
> at the rawhide tree and try to compile the src rpm found there.  This may
> take some effort though.
>

> One last item is the postfix mail list found at www.postfix.org.  I've
> seen this issue come up serveral time and as such I'd urge you to search
> the mail list archives.  The postfix users list is high volume, even more
> so than the redhat-users list.  So be forewarned if you want to subscribe.
>

> --

Thank You Keith.

You were the first to reply.  :-)   I'll take another look on the mailing
list @ Postfix......

Brett