RE: RH9 Installation probs

You could remove any "un-needed" PCI cards or other attached devices, and
see if that makes a difference.

-Me

Peeps,

I have just decided to dump windows and run RH as my main OS and having a
few problems.

Regardless as to the installation method (X or text), the install process
quits as it starts to install packages with the following error....

"install terminated abnormally - received signal 11"

I'm stuck, I know that the CDs are OK - they were used on anthoer box a few
days ago. It seems to be accessing the HDD OK - I booted with a CD distro
and mounted the filesystem and could see the temporary install image. I
looked at the logs and it didnt have any info.

Ive read on a forum that the error is sometimes down to bad RAM - i dont
think thats my prob, i had WinXP running no problems.

Here's my system:

Athlon XP 1800+
Gigabyte GA7XTVE Mobo with latest Award BIOS
1GB DDR 2700 RAM
MSI Geforce 4Ti4200
Realtek NIC
Creative SB Live 5.1 Player
30GB Western Digital HDD (hda)
60 Maxtor HDD (hdb)
TV Tuner card - PCI, not sure of make/model
Creative 5x DVD
Samsung 52x CDRW (being used for install)

Any suggestions? If not, I'll have to go back to Windoze :(

Thanks,
Jeff

This document and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. This communication may contain material protected by the
attorney-client privilege or other privileges or protections from
discovery, such as the physician-patient privilege, or a peer review
privilege, such as California Evidence Code Section 1157. If you are not
the intended recipient or the individual responsible for delivering the
document to the intended recipient, please be advised that you have
received this document in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this document is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this document in error, please notify the sender
immediately, and destroy all copies of the document.