From: Jeff [mailto:jeff@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 3:22 PM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RH9 Installation probs

Peeps,

I have just decided to dump windows and run RH as my main OS and having a
few problems.

Regardless as to the installation method (X or text), the install process
quits as it starts to install packages with the following error....

"install terminated abnormally - received signal 11"

I'm stuck, I know that the CDs are OK - they were used on anthoer box a few
days ago. It seems to be accessing the HDD OK - I booted with a CD distro
and mounted the filesystem and could see the temporary install image. I
looked at the logs and it didnt have any info.

Ive read on a forum that the error is sometimes down to bad RAM - i dont
think thats my prob, i had WinXP running no problems.

Here's my system:

Athlon XP 1800+
Gigabyte GA7XTVE Mobo with latest Award BIOS
1GB DDR 2700 RAM
MSI Geforce 4Ti4200
Realtek NIC
Creative SB Live 5.1 Player
30GB Western Digital HDD (hda)
60 Maxtor HDD (hdb)
TV Tuner card - PCI, not sure of make/model
Creative 5x DVD
Samsung 52x CDRW (being used for install)

Any suggestions? If not, I'll have to go back to Windoze :(

Thanks,
Jeff

NNC's UK Operating Companies : NNC Holdings Limited (no. 3725076), NNC Limited (no. 1120437), National Nuclear Corporation Limited (no. 2290928), STATS-NNC Limited (no. 4339062) and Technica-NNC Limited (no. 235856).  The registered office of each company is at Booths Hall, Chelford Road, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 8QZ except for Technica-NNC Limited whose registered office is at 6 Union Row, Aberdeen AB10 1DQ.

This email and any files transmitted with it have been sent to you by the relevant UK operating company and are confidential and intended for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the NNC system manager by e-mail at eadm@xxxxxxxxxx