Re: openldap 2.5.15 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.7 (Ootpa)

On Tue, Jul 25, 2023 at 12:04 AM Mike Burger <mburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On 2023-07-24 14:21, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to build
> >
> https://www.openldap.org/software/download/OpenLDAP/openldap-release/openldap-2.5.15.tgz
> > on Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.7 (Ootpa)#
> >
> > Is there a way to configure openldap on /etc directory for
> > configuration
> > files and generate systemctl openldap service unit file to start , stop
> > and
> > restart openldap service?
> >

> ################################################################################################################################################
> > ./configure --help
> > `configure' configures this package to adapt to many kinds of systems.
> >
> > Usage: ./configure [OPTION]... [VAR=VALUE]...
> >
> > To assign environment variables (e.g., CC, CFLAGS...), specify them as
> > VAR=VALUE.  See below for descriptions of some of the useful variables.
> >
> > Defaults for the options are specified in brackets.
> >
> > Configuration:
> >   -h, --help              display this help and exit
> >       --help=short        display options specific to this package
> >       --help=recursive    display the short help of all the included
> > packages
> >   -V, --version           display version information and exit
> >   -q, --quiet, --silent   do not print `checking ...' messages
> >       --cache-file=FILE   cache test results in FILE [disabled]
> >   -C, --config-cache      alias for `--cache-file=config.cache'
> >   -n, --no-create         do not create output files
> >       --srcdir=DIR        find the sources in DIR [configure dir or
> > `..']
> >
> > Installation directories:
> >   --prefix=PREFIX         install architecture-independent files in
> > PREFIX
> >                           [/usr/local]
> >   --exec-prefix=EPREFIX   install architecture-dependent files in
> > EPREFIX
> >                           [PREFIX]
> >
> > By default, `make install' will install all the files in
> > `/usr/local/bin', `/usr/local/lib' etc.  You can specify
> > an installation prefix other than `/usr/local' using `--prefix',
> > for instance `--prefix=$HOME'.
> >
> > For better control, use the options below.
> >
> > Fine tuning of the installation directories:
> >   --bindir=DIR            user executables [EPREFIX/bin]
> >   --sbindir=DIR           system admin executables [EPREFIX/sbin]
> >   --libexecdir=DIR        program executables [EPREFIX/libexec]
> >   --sysconfdir=DIR        read-only single-machine data [PREFIX/etc]
> >   --sharedstatedir=DIR    modifiable architecture-independent data
> > [PREFIX/com]
> >   --localstatedir=DIR     modifiable single-machine data [PREFIX/var]
> >   --libdir=DIR            object code libraries [EPREFIX/lib]
> >   --includedir=DIR        C header files [PREFIX/include]
> >   --oldincludedir=DIR     C header files for non-gcc [/usr/include]
> >   --datarootdir=DIR       read-only arch.-independent data root
> [...]

Hi Mike,

Apologies for the late reply. Thanks a lot for the email response.

# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.7 (Ootpa)
#yum repolist enabledUpdating Subscription Management repositories.
repo id
              repo name
epel
               Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 8 - x86_64
nginx-stable
               nginx stable repo
nodesource
               Node.js Packages for Enterprise Linux 8 - x86_64
rhel-8-for-x86_64-appstream-rpms
               Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 for x86_64 - AppStream (RPMs)
rhel-8-for-x86_64-baseos-rpms
              Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 for x86_64 - BaseOS (RPMs)
# yum search openldap
Updating Subscription Management repositories.
Last metadata expiration check: 3:52:35 ago on Wed 26 Jul 2023 05:22:54 AM
IST.
Name Exactly Matched: openldap
openldap.x86_64 : LDAP support libraries
openldap.i686 : LDAP support libraries
Name & Summary Matched: openldap
collectd-openldap.x86_64 : OpenLDAP plugin for collectd
Name Matched: openldap
openldap-clients.x86_64 : LDAP client utilities
openldap-devel.i686 : LDAP development libraries and header files
openldap-devel.x86_64 : LDAP development libraries and header files
Summary Matched: openldap
lua-ldap.x86_64 : LDAP client library for Lua, using OpenLDAP
lua-ldap-compat.x86_64 : LDAP client library for Lua 5.1, using OpenLDAP
perl-Mozilla-LDAP.x86_64 : LDAP Perl module that wraps the OpenLDAP C SDK
#

I do not see *openldap-servers.x86_64 : LDAP server* as per the above
output. Am I missing anything? Please guide me. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Kaushal