Re: Upgrading motherboard + CPU

On 29/06/2022 04:10, Ram Ramesh wrote :

Note that you need GPT for UEFI boot disk.

This is only a requirement for Windows (and possibly broken UEFI implementations). The UEFI specification allows to boot from a drive with a DOS/MBR partition table. Else, assigning a DOS/MBR partition type code for EFI system partition (0xef) would be pointless.