Re: Upgrading motherboard + CPU

When all else fails, I use a usb3 NIC until the correct NIC drivers are found :-)

I think you can use another disk to install UEFI setup and boot your raid from that install. If you do not have a spare disk, use USB to experiment. They are cheap to buy and use as you only need a bare install (on USB)  to get started.

I converted several legacy to UEFI. However, none was from a RAID. I always leave 32G in every install/boot disk for crunch work like this. I recommend this. Even the machine that has RAID1 boot has first 32G on each RAID1 disk unused (so that I can convert this install too into UEFI, when I decide to)

Note that you need GPT for UEFI boot disk. So, separate disk/USB is the best.

Ramesh