Re: Upgrading motherboard + CPU

On 6/25/2022 4:28 PM, Roger Heflin wrote:
Hostonly only builds the drivers that are needed to boot the given host.  If you change the disk card it may no longer work.

Hostonly disabled adds all kernel drivers that could be used to boot. Disabling hostonly should be done prior to starting the hw upgrades.   I generally check the initramfs size before and after the rebuild as disabled hostonly should be much larger.  I have also seen some dists hostonly not work unless an extra rpm is added, and the size being much larger made realize it failed before doing the hw migration and then Having to rescue boot it to fix it.  The note about the extra rpm was in dracut.conf where the hostonly setting is on the dist that needed the extra rpm.

So, any idea how to disable hostonly?  I'm not finding it via google...